Temse, Belgium - firstname.lastname@example.org - (more personal details can be provided in private)
I’m a software developer with a passion for problem solving. My goal is to build solutions that make people’s jobs easier, more efficient and/or more enjoyable.
I enjoy the entire process of building software solutions but I am at my best with the more technical aspects. I like creating structure out of nothing or determining the minimal set of required changes to adapt a existing solution to meet new demands.
A single page PDF version of the resume is available here.
- Informix 4GL
- C / C++
- Delphi (4 / 2007 / XE5)
- Unix shell-scripting, Perl, Python
- C# (.NET/XAML)
Development Tool and Environments
- Vi-editor and derivatives
- Visual Studio 6 – 2017, Visual Studio Code
- Source Control Management : Subversion, Mercurial, Git
- Build systems : CMake, SCons, Gnu Make
- Developed applications on/for Windows (NT – 8.1), Solaris, Linux, MacOS X, iOS and Android
Technologies used in production software
- TCP-networking via sockets/winsocks (Delphi, C++)
- Multithreading / concurrency (Delphi, C++, C#)
- REST-like interfaces for mobile clients of Unix-based ERP (C – Informix 4GL)
- XML, json
- Dutch : native language
- English : fluent (reading, writing); good (speaking)
- French : basic
Software Developer/Analyst at Cock’s Vleeswaren nv, Sint-Niklaas (1999 - 2017)
Responsible for the technical structure of the in-house developed ERP, WMS, CRM and e-commerce portal and interfaces to external systems (weighing scales and barcode scanners, production lines, PLC’s and pseudo real-time synchronization with a semi-automated warehouse. (View selection of projects at Cock’s Vleeswaren)
Open Source contributions (2018)
Worked on FAudio - an accuracy-focused XAudio2 reimplementation for open platforms. Contributed DSP implementations of high/low pass filters and reverb which were shipped in the Switch release of Dust: An Elysian Tail. Wrote the COM wrapper to allow FAudio to be tested with native Windows software without source code changes.
- Graduaat Toegepaste Informatica / Bachelor in Computer Sciences (1996 - 1999)
Karel De Grote Hogeschool, Antwerpen
- Humaniora : Economie-Wiskunde / Economics-Math (1990 - 1996)
St-Willebrord Instituut, Temse
- Unix C System Programming – Siemens Learning Centre (2002)
- Algorithms : Design And Analysis, Parts I & II - Coursera, Stanford University Online (2012)
- Compilers - Coursera, Stanford University Online (2013)
- Mobile Cloud Computing with Android - Coursera, University of Maryland and Vanderbilt University (2014)
Consisted of 3 courses and a capstone project. Submitted app was voted in the top 10 of it’s category.
- iOS Developer NanoDegree - Udacity (2015)
- Deep Learning Foundation NanoDegree - Udacity (2017)
- Self-Driving Car Engineer NanoDegree - Udacity (2017-2018)